Wednesday, December 9, 2015

These are a few of my favorite things!

You have to sing the title the correct way!!  Christmas has always had such a special meaning to me. As a child, we would travel every Thanksgiving and Christmas to my Grandmother's home in Pennsylvania. Some of my favorite childhood memories revolve around those trips.  We always opened our gifts a few days before Christmas and would head north to see the most amazing Grandmother that has ever blessed this planet and all of our cousins.  I often feel bad for my kids, because they don't have 12 cousins like I did.  I tell them all my stories, but they don't understand how wonderful it is to have lots of cousins!  

As we were putting up our tree this year (and all the past years!), I love remembering where we got our ornaments and the special story that goes along with it.  So, I thought I would show you some of my favorites...pardon all the pics!!



I cross stitched each of my kids a stocking.




Twins first Christmas!

Alex and Aaron's first Christmas ornament

These are spoons that are bent and
painted.  We got them at a local shop
that only sales items made by
senior citizens!

Alex's 1st grade ornament

Raise your hand if you had one of these
growing up!  Ours was very large and green.  I
found this at our local Goodwill and
just about cried in the store when I
found it!  Couldn't wait for Christmas
to come around!

Ornament from my Grandma from 1989

My Aunt made these for us

Emma's first Christmas ornament

Another made by my aunt.

Looks silly, but it's an insulin vial that
Ethan requested to be hung on the light.

Snowman that Adam bought me while
we were dating.  His eyes and smile were
made up of little black dots, but they
have all fallen off.  Pretty sure his
nose is held on with super glue to!

Ethan made these while he was in the
hospital at diagnosis!  They are
so very special to him!

Our selfie ornament, cause we take
lots of selfies!!


I just love the way these sparkle in the evening!

There are so many things I love about Christmas.  I hope that my children will be able to look back and remember what a special time it was and think of all the happy memories we have created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment