Monday, December 14, 2015

I'm having a "senior" moment!

I only have 1 nephew, no nieces.  Before Adam and I had children, Pete was the only child in our family.  He was 4 when Emma was born, so he was the center of our world.  He and my sister lived in Augusta, GA so we didn't get to see them all the time and we packed plenty of memories into our visits.  Pete would come up to NC and spend the summers with us.  It was a nice break for my sister and we could shower him with love and attention.  I took so many pictures of Pete, we often laugh that if you thumb through them you can see him move!  We were, and still are, crazy about him!  He came along when our family needed it most!  To say he was a blessing to us would be an understatement!  



Sweet Pete with his puppy, Sophie
Fast forward...that sweet little boy is a senior in high school!! 




Pete has worked really hard the last few years in school.  And his hard worked has paid off!  He found out this week that he was accepted to Louisiana Tech University!  And, he received the Presidential Scholarship, which will pay for most of his tuition!  Just when I thought I couldn't be more proud of him!  Way to go Pete!  Guess we will be going to Louisiana for visits.  Good thing I don't mind driving 14 hours to see him.



Pete, always remember how much you are loved!  Keep your head held high and always keep smiling.  I love you buddy!




No comments:

Post a Comment