Monday, May 17, 2010

Rear View


I was going through some pictures on my computer this afternoon and came across this one.
This is what I see in my rear view mirror everyday...wouldn't change a thing. (We were at a stop light, so don't think I was going down the road trying to get the perfect shot!) This was taken on the first day of school this year. Emma was going into 2nd grade, Ethan was going into 1st grade and Alex & Aaron were starting their last year of daycare (Pre-K if you want to be technical). We had just gotten back from the beach the previous weekend.
Now, it is just 3 weeks until the school year is over. I'm so excited for it to be summer and for them to have a break from school work. Now, we will be on ballgame duty, reading program for the summer, field trips for daycare, "graduation" for the boys, readiness for Emma going into the AG program for 3rd grade, etc. I enjoy seeing my kids grow, but it sure seems to be going quickly. My sweet twins, who it seems like were just born, will be starting Kindergarten in a few months! That just blows me away. It shouldn't be possible for them to be that old. Alex is going to be the class clown and Aaron will be the quiet one taking it all in. I have already been told they will be seperated and that makes me a little sad!! In fact, that makes me incredibly sad!
I need to sit back and enjoy every minute of my kids. We tend to take advantage of the time! I'm sure when August rolls around, they will take the transition better than I will. I wonder if Mom felt this way when all of her girls were finally in school? I'll have to ask her.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Can't believe how fast they've all grown up. Just thought the other day that the twins are the last little kids for us until grand kids come along. Definitely means we need more little boy and girl hugs and kisses.
    That picture is so typical of each of them. Ethan and Alex clowning it up, Emma smiling big, and Aaron smiling but wanting to be sure he's in the picture.

    ReplyDelete