Friday, May 21, 2010

Be prepared!

These are some of my favorite pictures from visiting Cape Lookout last summer. It was our first time going and it was a spur of the moment trip. We went with no drinks, no hats for the kids, no bathing suits, no bug spray...in August! I think they grow the bugs bigger on that island! We know we will go back this year, but we will be prepared!! I really liked the way these turned out. I have to say, my favorite is the first one (courtesy of Adam). It could be a postcard!! I don't know what I like best, the clouds or the lighthouse. It is just so peaceful to look at. I can almost hear the seagulls and the waves crashing!
Look out Cape Lookout, we will be back. I will have my new camera and get some great shots of you!!











2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! I really enjoyed our visit to the island. We saw a stingray and the wild horses on the way to the island, so I know the niece and nephews had a lot of fun on their trip out. Now I just need to figure out how to sign up to go up into the lighthouse. Heard that is a long waiting list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were told they only open it twice a year and the locals are usually lined up! Can't blame them.

    ReplyDelete