Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's time...


I have become fascinated by the new show about hoarding. I just sit and watch it and can't be torn away from it. I know plenty of people think it is pure laziness, but it is a sickness. And thankfully, there are professionals out there to help. I find myself thinking that my house is perfect after watching the show. Far from it! I love to clean, but with 4 kids (5 if you count my husband) it doesn't stay that way very long.

I have saved just about every piece of artwork that my kids have made since they started daycare. I have boxes of artwork. I have 1 file cabinet that each child has a drawer for all their work...I have long since passed the point of organizing. I have GOT to let some of that go...heck, I've got to let most of it go. So, this evening, after the kids go to bed I will get a box and start sorting through it. I have long since forgotten who's is who's if it is not written on the back...so why keep it?? How many pieces of paper do I need with "Mommy" written on it? Did you know that rice doesn't stayed glued to construction paper very long? Macaroni tends to breakdown over time as well! I had planned on making a scrapbook for each of them with their artwork in it. HA! That will never happen, so it's time to take charge of the arts! Wish me luck, I'm sure I will get weepy looking through it all!

I wonder if the people featured on the show started with hoarding artwork?

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I understand. I definitely don't have as much as you, but I've been finding artwork recently with all of the cleaning. Unfortunately, like you, if there is no name on it, I have no idea who did it. So in the trash it is going. That's painful, because I can remember the excitement they each have had in giving me some of their "art".
    Just have to remember that keeping or throwing away their art has nothing to do with the love I feel for them.
    You can do this, You can do this, sniff, sniff, You sniff....maybe I can do this.
    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete