Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Missing Daddy

Adam has gone to Atlanta this week for training. We told the kids about the trip weeks ago. They didn't take the news too well. Emma, of course, cried. Ethan went to put on his shoes to head outside to be with Adam. I asked him where he was going and he told me "I need to go suck all the fun out of Daddy that I can before he goes to Atlanta", crying the whole time. Alex was upset, but as long as Grandma isn't going someplace, he thought he would be just fine. Aaron is a Daddy's Boy, so he struggled with it as well.
Last night was our first night without him. Aunt Kelly set up Skype on our laptops to be able to talk to him and thought they would enjoy seeing him while they talked. We got home from ball practice and Emma went in her room to "call" Adam. When Aaron laid eyes on him, he instantly started to cry...inconsolable crying. The kids decorated a shoe box and wrote letters and wanted him to open a few each night. So, we sat around while Adam opened 2 letters and held them up for us to see. They were very proud of those notes.
Fingers crossed that this evening goes more smoothly. I hate seeing them so upset! We have never been away from the kids, either of us. I will be glad when he is back home. I'm such a chicken! Jack will guard over us. So, heres hoping this evening goes better.
We miss you Daddy...hurry home!!

This is my favorite picture of Adam. It was taken this past summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment