Thursday, January 14, 2016

Turn around and drive!!

I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder! It had been bothering me for months and finally started feeling better. Then one day last week at the grocery store, I turned to take the buggy back and must have twisted just right!  I don't like going to the doctor, so I am just treating it with over the counter pain medication.  It hurts the most when I drive.  This morning after dropping off Alex and Aaron at school the thought crossed my mind "boy, I'm glad the kids aren't babies anymore because I wouldn't be able to reach them!".  I started thinking about just how much I have done, while driving, with one arm completely behind me. They say how dangerous texting and driving is.  Well, they never saw me tending to my kids either!! **knee on the steering wheel, twisted completely around looking for something** Scary thought!! I can't tell you how many bottles I have held with my arm cranked behind me, how many lost pacifiers I've had to dig for, how many hands I have held, legs I have patted to calm them down, heads I have rubbed to try and get them asleep, shoes I have taken off; the number of tissues I have passed back could win some sort of award! Heck, I have even crawled back (of course, I wasn't driving) to test Ethan's blood when he was too small to do it himself.  But, when you hear the words "I feel low"...you move!!!

I miss those days!  I love the young woman and men they are becoming, but sure miss those days when they relied on me for everything.  Momma was right, time sure flies!!


I've posted this before, but I sure love my rear-view mirror view!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy what it is to be Mama to many little people! What a sweet picture of your crew. :) I hope your back sorts itself out soon. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete