Tuesday, November 24, 2015

My 60 lb Ninja!!

**Alert!  Alert!**  Bragging session will start in....
3,
2,
1!

My son is now a First Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do!!!!

Let me first start out in saying that Alex is the older twin (1 VERY important minute if you ask him!).  But, he has always been the smaller twin.  He was diagnosed with severe Eczema at birth and has been on steroids cream over time his entire life.  This has slowed his growth down considerably. His pediatrician assures us that he will catch up with his twin, we are hopeful!

The baseball player and the mummy are twins, big difference in size huh?

As you can see, he is very small.  He doesn't get picked on about his size, but I know it bothers him. Not as much lately, but he used to ask often when he would grow.  His self esteem wasn't great, he wasn't an organized sports kid...in fact, I have pictures of him hanging on the goal during a soccer game, that was the highlights of his soccer career!  So, he started watching a karate show on Disney and quickly picked up some of their kicks and chopping moves.  I contacted our local Tae Kwon Do center and they were offering 30 days free.  I talked with him about it and he was over the moon thinking about it.  

He was a little excited about his uniform and his belt

And here we are, 2 1/2 years later with him earning his black belt!!!  I just couldn't be more proud of his accomplishment!
The change in him has amazed me!  His confidence soars as high as some of his kicks!  He has tried out and made the demo team twice. This group travels to local venues and preforms for large groups. He does this with no hesitation!
I hope he continues with his training and achieves many more levels of black belt.  I'll leave with more pictures from his graduation.






Alex, I love you and hope that you know just how proud I am of you!  Keep up the good work and continuing being an example to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment